Translation Is The Heart Of What We Do.
We are looking for a Vice President of Production to lead our internal Production department.
The Vice President of Production is responsible for supervising the department through all facets of the job life cycle, from quoting to the final delivery. In addition, you will be managing relationships with 3rd party vendors, addressing escalations from clients or linguists, and handling the day-to-day responsibilities.
The ideal candidate is proactive, enjoys problem solving and is not afraid of new technology.
- Develops and maintains an effective production team through selection, training, motivation, disciplinary actions and continuous review(s) of production personnel
- Develop and track all monthly KPI’s
- Train, develop and oversee all continuing education internally and externally
- Analyze any inefficiencies in the department; execute a plan
- Coordinate with the Strategic Sourcing Manager and the project managers to ensure all third-party vendors meet and exceed client needs
- Resolve escalated issue(s)/question(s)/concern(s) generated by clients or linguists
- Increase efficiencies within department
- Onboard new technology
- Partner with third party vendors to increase talent pool and client offerings
- Increase internal margins
- Assist with technical responses for RFP/RFI/RFQs
- Review all high-priority quotes
- Effectively manage project schedules and work with time constraints
- Negotiation skills
- Highly proficient level of oral and written English, including proofreading skills
- Strong interpersonal, diplomacy and client service skills
- Good judgement and flexibility in work hours
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of people management/supervisory positions
- 5+ years with previous LSP experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with MemoQ preferred
- Experience with Plunet preferred
- Experience with Trados preferred