Language Insight is a fast-growing translation & language services provider. Our experienced teams work on projects covering a wide range of sectors, and are dedicated to delivering high-quality translation, transcription, interpreting and various other language solutions to clients all over the world.
After four consecutive years of sales growth and winning Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade in 2019, we are now looking to expand our Vendor Management department in the UK to support our Project Management teams across the Market Research, Legal, E-learning, Finance, and Consultancy sectors.
Language Insight is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Vendor Manager to help grow the department and build strong professional relationships with our freelance linguists. Whilst the candidate’s experience is paramount, the right candidate must be commercially aware, self-driven and have the ability to work with various departments across the business in order to help support Language Insight’s growth.
The position will ideally be based in one of our two UK offices (London or Preston); however, remote applications from candidates based in the UK will also be considered.
What does the role involve?
The Vendor Manager will work closely with all Project Management teams by assisting them with linguist recruitment and quality management, as well as with the Strategic Director by providing analysis on margins, linguists usage and other relevant KPIs. This role is pivotal in ensuring that Language Insight is able to meet the changing and ever-growing requirements of our clients, whilst complying with our ISO 9001 and 17100 standards.
Working hours for this position will be 0900 – 1730 Mon-Fri.
- Writing and posting job adverts on relevant platforms.
- Recruiting new linguists: from CV screening to testing to ensure that the company’s and ISO 17100 recruitment criteria is met.
- Onboarding linguists: negotiating rates, sending Service Agreements and other onboarding documentation, and adding linguists to the database in a timely manner.
- Liaising with the Sales department and the Strategic Director to establish recruitment strategies for new and existing verticals.
- Assisting Strategic Director in bringing costs down by providing cost analysis on freelancers and in-house linguists, negotiating with existing and new linguists, suggesting loyalty schemes and process improvements etc.
- Promoting newly recruited linguists to the relevant Project Management teams.
- Monitoring resources across all languages to ensure that the company is able to manage growth sustainably and reporting the outcomes quarterly to the Strategic Director.
- Monitoring internal and external linguists’ performance, as well as volume KPIs, and reporting on them to ensure profitability and efficiency.
- Managing junior team member(s) in the Vendor Management Team.
- Assisting the Project Management Teams with ad-hoc recruitment for time-critical assignments.
- Establishing, building, and maintaining professional relationships to ensure linguist retention and engagement.
- Keeping abreast of industry standards and developments.
- Attending meetings to discuss business needs.
- Creating regular recruitment plans together with senior management.
- Completing any tasks that are deemed appropriate for the role.
What skills & qualifications are needed for this role?
- At least 2 years of vendor management experience in the translation industry
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to build, maintain and grow relationships in a professional manner
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to multi-task
- IT Proficient, including MS Office
- Excellent customer service
- Experience in translation project management or recruitment will be considered a plus
If you are interested in this role please fill out the form below and attach your CV, or send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org