Global Wordsmiths is a social impact language service provider and language access advocacy organization dedicated to advancing a culture of language accessibility. We seek a full-time Vendor Manager to work 40 hours per week training, managing, engaging, recruiting, onboarding, and growing our contracted team of video, phone, and onsite Interpreters. This is an in-house position for a candidate located in, or willing to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA (relocation package offered).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Training Interpreters: assess current training materials and develop new Interpreter best practices training curriculum content, facilitate in-person and virtual training sessions, staying up-to-date on Interpretation industry trends and incorporating new information into training content, develop and facilitate ongoing specialized trainings, practice sessions, and lessons for linguists on a monthly basis.
- Engaging Interpreters: develop and sustain linguist engagement strategy, including coordinating regular activities such as professional development opportunities, social events (in-person and/or virtual), surveys, newsletters, etc.
- Supervising Interpreters: provide general support, field questions, and be the primary point of contact for linguists, and work closely with the Interpretation Scheduling Team to troubleshoot issues between clients and linguists.
- Recruiting Interpreters: ongoing development and maintenance of a system for recruiting and hiring qualified, professional candidates through various channels and platforms. This includes interviewing & hiring candidates, identifying hiring needs, setting rates of pay, identifying new recruitment channels, & strategic use of social media.
- Onboarding Interpreters: ongoing development and maintenance of Global Wordsmiths’ Learning Management System (Tovuti), as well as collecting, processing and maintaining candidate paperwork and credentials, managing independent contractor requirements and contracts, ongoing maintenance and development of linguist Handbooks, assisting newly hired linguists on company communication channels, and working with other team members to implement successful onboarding strategies.
- Professional interpretation experience and fluency in a language other than English
- 3+ years of experience working in the language services industry and training Interpreters
- Willingness to adapt to new or changing technology and create processes/workflows
- Familiarity with using Google suite (Gmail, Calendar, etc) and Mac Desktops/Laptops
- Detail-oriented and punctual
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication in English
- Must be able to work independently and within a small team
- Ability and willingness to work in-person in Pittsburgh, PA (relocation package offered)
- Must have current legal authorization to work in the United States (we are unable to provide any sponsorship at this time)
- COVID-19 Vaccination proof and willingness to follow company COVID-19 protocols/guidelines
Job Title: Vendor Manager
Schedule: 40 hours per week (full-time)
Pay: Salary, $50K-60K per year
Benefits: Medical, retirement, relocation package
Required: FBI Clearance, PA Criminal History Clearance, PA Child Abuse Clearance
Location: 6587 Hamilton Avenue #1W, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Wordsmiths is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, body size or physical characteristics, age, religion, economic status, mental health, family structure, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and internship or apprenticeship. Global Wordsmiths makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications and merit.