At Blackbird.io, we are building the new automation backbone for the language technology industry. As we are getting ready for our commercial release (MMP), we are seeking an experienced Solution Engineer to join our team.
Blackbird.io is a new integration-platform-as-a-service (iPaaS) focusing on the needs of the language industry. We would like to become the “Zapier for Localization” (or the “Workato for Localization”).
Over the past year, we built Blackbird to be a lightweight, multi-tenant, and horizontally scalable iPaaS product. Our MVP is ready, with advanced features rolling out with every new sprint.
Main tasks of our Solution Engineer:
- Support the development of connectors and pre-built workflows by defining requirements and providing specifications.
- Work with product management to define development priorities of the core platform.
- Engage with prospects and clients to discover and conceptualize problems related to connectivity and automation.
- Design and deliver solutions that create value for our customers using Blackbird.
- Attend in-person conferences and online events as an advocate and expert of Blackbird.
- Great communicator with fluent written and oral English.
- Hands-on technical knowledge of localization technology applications, e.g. CAT-tools, TMS and BMS platforms.
- Familiarity working with APIs and SDKs.
- Ability to write, edit, format, repair, transform, validate JSON data.
- Knowledge of business process diagramming tools like BPMN.
- Familiarity with challenges around file formats such as TMX, XLIFF, TBC and XML.
- Solid project management and stakeholder management skills.
- Business analyst skillset - can ask the right question about processes and identify key elements.
Not required, but deeply appreciated:
- Ability to write code, e.g., scripts that can extend the functionality of a workflow.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiarity with content management systems like Contentful, AEM or Sitecore.
- Language skills beyond English (German, French and Japanese are the most useful).
Location: fully remote, but alignment with North American time-zone preferred.