Acclaro is seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer to take a key role in migrating our current PHP/Laravel web application to a microservices architecture – potentially to a different language – and wowing our customers with innovation.
The senior full stack developer will participate in the planning, design, execution, and operation of the software using Agile methodologies. The role will also be responsible for performing code reviews and mentoring other developers. A willingness to put the team first is key.
In-depth knowledge of specific localization technologies is not required, but a passion to develop new software that enables our clients to expand their businesses globally is a must-have. Qualified candidates will have solid software design and implementation skills and a strong desire for continued learning.
Location: Remote, must be able to work within U.S. time zones
Reports to: VP of Technology
- Make the team the primary focus
- Collaborate with other team members to imagine, design, implement, operate, and gather feedback about new products and initiatives using Agile methodologies
- Design, plan, and execute the migration of the current Laravel application to a microservices architecture
- Mentor other developers via pair programming sessions, code reviews, design reviews, and more
- Develop and maintain other software applications to support business functions
- Work with internal and external customers to develop user stories
- Design and execute test plans and automated testing early in the SDLC
- 7+ years’ experience designing and implementing software
- Proven ability to thrive as a team member and elevate the performance of both colleagues and the team itself
- Facility with software architecture patterns and experience with microservices architecture
- Excel at translating business and user requirements into solution designs
- Deep knowledge of software development for the web, including front end (HTML, CSS, and FE frameworks like Vue), middle-tier development, and db schema design and programming
- Very comfortable with API design and development
- Rock-star problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- English Language: Excellent communication and documentation skills in English
- Exposure to Laravel or other PHP programming
- Linux server & Other DevOps support experience
- Vue.js or React.js
Acclaro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. We make hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time.