Avantpage is a translation and localization company that is committed to empowering immigrant and LEP communities through language access in the health and government services arenas. We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Project Manager who can plan, initiate, and oversee the execution of translation projects. Our project managers are masters at juggling projects, and managing our clients and their expectations. We’re looking for someone who’s ready for a new challenge in a fast-paced environment.
We are a global company with offices in Davis, CA, Mexico City, and Warsaw, Poland. This job is open to remote US-based candidates, with potential periodic travel to our headquarters in Davis, CA. The working hours for this position will be 8 AM to 5 PM PST regardless of where you are located in the country. **We are unable to hire an international candidate for this role at this time.
- Scope and quote translation and localization projects for identified clients.
- Plan and monitor projects to meet deadlines, quality, and budget requirements.
- Manage client relationships and serve as the primary day-to-day contact for clients.
- Provide support and input to internal teams and clients, including education about the localization process, as required.
- Collaborate with international production teams to create, implement, and maintain appropriate client- or project-specific procedures, solutions, checklists, and instructions.
- Ensure the accuracy of financial project data, workflows, schedules, and processes to maximize efficiency and profitability.
- Resolve questions and issues in a timely and effective manner for clients and internal teams.
- Organize and participate in client meetings.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Localization experience is required
- Minimum of 1-year project management experience
- Proven knowledge of industry-related tools (CAT, OCR, TMS, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong customer service, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and flexibility to work independently, and as part of a team but also under supervision
- Professional and consistent communication with clients and internal team
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to provide clear directions and guidance to a small team
- Gathering basic production data for QBRs or other client reporting
What We Offer
- Joining a vibrant multicultural team spread across the Americas and Europe
- Professional development and growth opportunities in the localization industry
- Training in new tools, technologies, and processes
- Energetic, multicultural, and empathetic working environment
- Contact with translators all over the world
- Health, vision, dental benefits
- Retirement benefits