LWT is looking for a dynamic Business Development Specialist to help grow activity in Portugal.
The role focuses on generating new business, building lasting client relationships, and growing newly acquired accounts. Thoroughly understanding market trends and opportunities in Portugal, the Business Development Specialist brings new streams of revenue by understanding customer business needs. Must speak Portuguese.
· Generate and identify leads, contact/track prospects, and successfully close sales to meet sales targets
· Maintain professional/technical knowledge by attending conferences, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
· Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, and market trends
· Keep management informed by submitting accurate records of sales activities and results (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly/annual territory analyses)
· Assist in the development of marketing materials to support the sales effort
· Implement processes that maximize sales opportunities and deliver optimal experience for clients
· Build strong and lasting client relationships by delivering optimal client satisfaction and service quality
· Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports (ISO requirements); making recommendations to management
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
The Business Development Specialist must have a university degree, a graduate degree, or the equivalent of +10 years’ experience in client service, business development, or sales. Experience within the localization industry is required. Plus:
· Microsoft Office
· Familiarity with Plunet, memoQ
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills
· Prospecting/negotiating/closing skills
· Customer service, solutions orientation, presentation skills