Avantpage is a translation and localization company that is committed to empowering immigrant and LEP communities through language access in the health and government services arenas. We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic People Operations or HR Manager who has a passion for helping others succeed through cultivating an amazing, ethical, and equitable workplace environment.
We are a global company with teams in Davis, CA, Mexico City, Warsaw, Poland and beyond. This job is open to remote candidates, with potential periodic travel to our headquarters in Davis, CA. The working hours for this position will be 8 AM to 5 PM PST regardless of where you are located in the country.
The People Operations Manager will provide support for an international team of 50+ employees under the guidance of the Director of People Operations. The ideal candidate will be excellent at handling sensitive organizational and employee matters, have a passion for coaching, be detail oriented and proactive when managing HR related tasks, and have a passion for building and maintaining an empathetic and energized work culture.
- Incumbent will possess a coaching skillset, lead engagement and recognition strategies, and support cultural and team building initiatives.
- Promote and enhance our strong company culture with our employees and all job candidates.
- The People Ops Manager will oversee all recruiting, onboarding and offboarding efforts.
- Provide delicate guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on employee advocacy/engagement, conflict resolution, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our mandatory human resources requirements and regulations for our Poland and Mexico teams.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, performance management/discipline, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment and empower our team of managers.
- Build out a career development program for all employees.
- Help conceptualize, coordinate and facilitate company events such as monthly coffee dates, quarterly in person get togethers, holiday parties and corporate retreats.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 2 years of experience in Human Resource domains)
- 2+ years' experience in HR management
- Spanish language proficiency is highly desired
- Technologically savvy
- A passionate people person who enjoys helping others succeed
- Possess a “do the right thing” mentality
- Must sweat the small stuff, someone who cares about the details
- Thrives in and desires to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
- A lifelong learner who enjoys problem solving and adapting to change
What We Offer
- Joining a vibrant multicultural team spread across the Americas and Europe
- Professional development and growth opportunities in the localization industry
- Training in new tools, technologies, and processes
- Energetic, multicultural, and empathetic working environment
- Health, vision dental benefits
- Retirement programs