As a Project Manager, you will:
Support the German Market Research Team with the production of language services in accordance with our ISO-accredited quality management system. Your primary focus will be working with our German-speaking accounts, but as a true team player, your work will also involve supporting the global Market Research Team.
The core elements of your role are:
· Work as a part of our global Operations Team
· Liaise with our Sales team
· Support and train interns and junior colleagues
· Provide prompt, effective support and communication to linguists (individual support and community management).
· Oversee the full cycle of project management covering a wide range of our services to meet revenue and margin targets
· Plan, monitor and coordinate the linguists’ workflows and evaluate their performance
· Source the most appropriately skilled linguists
· Use translation management software to leverage internal and translation memory (TM) segment repetitions
· Use recent developments in AI to facilitate carrying out translation projects
· Manage and maintain translation assets (translation memories, glossaries, termbases)
· Adhere to our ISO-accredited quality control procedures
· Update the company’s administration systems for project, supplier and client data in accordance with our procedures
· Manage the project budgets to meet revenue and margin targets
· Create guidelines, process documentation and marketing materials to promote the service and educate colleagues
· Expand a pool of linguists with the required industry- and process-specific expertise
· Attend regular training / renew accreditation (if need be) to best represent THG Fluently as a trusted partner for market researchers worldwide
· Advise linguists on productivity targets and best practice, trouble-shooting when necessary to ensure smooth production
· Resolve client complaints in accordance with our ISO-accredited procedures.
· Build strong, collaborative relationships with clients, provide helpful, knowledgeable and friendly support, and develop efficient solutions to their language requirements
· Gather and act on client feedback to optimise the production process and identify opportunities to improve
· Collaborate with the global operations team and liaise with Accounts, IT, Sales and Vendor Management staff to ensure excellent quality of service and high standards of customer care.
· Promote the growth of the company and the German Market Research Team through the development of services to best meet client requirements
· Represent the company or the team at client meetings and conferences
· Work with the Sales team in order to promote the business through participation in industry events and shows, and cooperate with the Business Development team to identify and seize profitable opportunities in the Market Research industry
· Share own ideas on company’s policies and strategies, when required
· Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement new ideas to increase efficiency.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
1. Exceptional spoken and written language skills in both German and English
2. 2-3 years of experience in the supply of client-side translation within a project management/co-ordination role, ideally within the market research field and being able to demonstrate industry experience and commercial acumen
3. Previous experience liaising directly with clients on a daily basis
4. Competence in using translation management and productivity technology with the ability to learn new technologies and programs quickly
5. Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
6. Logical and creative thinking with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
7. Demonstrating ability to organise and prioritise your work, inspire your team members and lead by example
8. Ability to handle pressure when delivering to tight deadlines, to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage change.
9. Willingness to share your expertise and learn from the people around you; internal drive for continuous self-development
10. Be a dedicated and enthusiastic team member and conscientious in promoting the growth of our Company.