The Business Development Manager (BDM) at LinguaLinx is responsible for acquiring new clients and developing strong business relationships through numerous channels and methods. As a critical part of LinguaLinx’s overall success, this position requires motivation, professionalism, and a deep understanding of the localization industry. You must be familiar with the newest technologies and processes within the localization industry and be at ease meeting with and selling to senior localization leaders. Additionally, having the ability to work autonomously or within a team setting is a must. Clear and concise communication within and outside of our organization is essential.
The ideal candidate will be able to develop new leads in addition to those provided by LinguaLinx through a variety of methodologies such as tradeshows, networking events, cold prospecting and targeted marketing campaigns. You will remain the client contact throughout the sales lifecycle and liaise between the client, the CRE and production teams.
- Execute outbound activities to build and maintain a pipeline of qualified new business leads
- Build and maintain a network in the industry, attending localization events (in-person and remote)
- Grow revenue and meet/exceed sales quota
- Manage your client relationships intimately, to build credibility, ensure retention, and identify upsell opportunities
- Develop and own sales pipeline, manage opportunities, and provide regular update on opportunity status and sales forecast
- Provide client specific solutions that utilize the suite of services available
- Create and execute follow up activities in a repeatable cadence on all active leads
- Research, prepare and moderate presentations and meetings with client-stakeholders
- Onboard new clients and transition clients to customer success team members
- In addition to pursuing leads from our inbound generation program, build and maintain your own organic pipeline through industry research, outreach and networking.
- 3+ years of LSP B2B sales experience required
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience using productivity tools and CRM technologies (HubSpot preferred)
- Familiar with localization services and technology
- Ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work collaboratively with clients and team members
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required