Who are we?
SDL is the global leader and innovator in language and content management technology and services. We enable companies to create meaningful digital journeys and form important emotional connections with their global customers by powering the creation, translation and delivery of relevant, personalized content to make understanding possible. We are a dynamic, collaborative and globally diverse team, working together to completely transform how the world communicates and connects with one another through content. If you like making an impact, helping others, taking a fresh look at processes and tools, furthering an open and innovative culture and tend to generally look at even the smallest task in the context of how it impacts the overall organization – we should talk!
What is this role?
The successful candidate will be bilingual demonstrate native level expertise in a foreign language, a working knowledge of software testing in various phases of software development cycle, as well as hands-on experience with a multitude of software applications in a corporate network environment including servers, databases, and mail systems. Leadership experience including supervisory experience or project management is highly desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to gain exposure to the global software development and testing world, while working with cutting-edge technologies.
• Hands on support of challenging functional & linguistic software testing/QA in the secure onsite testing facility.
• Work as part of a dynamic team on a wide variety of projects (cutting-edge consumer tech, inc. video/audio streaming, smart speakers and displays, smart home devices, travel and commerce apps, etc) for an exciting client – global industry leader in search.
• Support operational and technical aspects of complex projects, including project assessment, coordination, and delivery.
• Support efforts to create and validate localization and functional test plans based on UI/UX and functional spec from the client.
• Setup test beds and test environments, troubleshoot, problem solve in a dynamic deadline-driven environment.
• Review, validate, and triage identified defects within the software for clarity, classification, and prioritization.
• Help coordinate onsite and remote testers, including hands-on technical and project-related support.
• Support screenshot projects.
• Provide status reports regularly to Test Lead.
• Bi-lingual, translator-level fluency in native language preferred. Strong command of written and spoken English.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, CS, Engineering related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Excellent problem solving, defect investigation and analytical skills.
• Good written/verbal communication skills
• Highly detailed and organized
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to work on a team and communicate effectively with other team members
• Motivated and ability to learn fast
Desirable skills and abilities
• Previous experience in software testing
• Knowledge of test management tools
• IT support experience in software development/testing environment
• Amazing benefits. (Seriously!)
• Infinite training, professional development and personal growth opportunities.
• The rare opportunity to impact how organizations communicate globally. There’s a reason we work with 90 of the top 100 brands.
• Smart, engaged co-workers, a culture of diversity, innovation and opportunity.
• Relaxed, fun environment with a game room, in house happy hours and many great office events throughout the year.
• Great work-life balance with 5 weeks of PTO and 40 hours of volunteer time per year!