What is this role?
The successful candidate will be bilingual demonstrate native level expertise in a foreign language, a working knowledge of software testing in various phases of software development cycle, as well as hands-on experience with a multitude of software applications in a corporate network environment including servers, databases, and mail systems. Leadership experience including supervisory experience or project management is highly desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to gain exposure to the global software development and the testing world while working with cutting-edge technologies.
- Hands-on coordination of challenging functional & linguistic software testing/QA in the secure onsite testing facility
- Work as part of a dynamic team on a wide variety of projects (cutting-edge consumer tech, inc. video/audio streaming, smart speakers and displays, smart home devices, travel and commerce apps, etc) for an exciting client – global industry leader in search.
- Manage operational and technical aspects of complex projects, including project assessment, coordination, and delivery
- Create and validate localization and functional test plans based on UI/UX and functional spec from client
- Setup test beds and test environments troubleshoot and assess testing viability, including test prep and smoke testing; problem solve in a dynamic deadline-driven environment.
- Review, validate, and triage identified defects within the software for clarity, classification, and prioritization. Flag critical issues to developers.
- Serve as main/backup linguistic lead for your language
- Track test progress; coordinate onsite and remote testers, including hands-on technical and project-related support.
- Track tester hours, track budget burn rate, and approve tester hours after confirming completion of work
- Provide status reports regularly to Test Line Manager/Testing Manager
- Participating client-initiated meetings to give project updates and coordinate tasks among developers, test leads, SI and other team testers
- Bi-lingual, translator-level fluency in the native language preferred. Strong command of written and spoken English.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, CS, Engineering related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent problem solving, defect investigation and analytical skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Leadership skills and ability
- Highly detailed and organized
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work on a team and communicate effectively with other team members
- Motivated and ability to learn fast
Desirable skills and abilities
- Prior supervisory experience
- Previous experience in software testing
- Knowledge of test management tools
- MS Excel expertise
- IT support experience in software development/testing environment
- Amazing benefits. (Seriously.)
- Opportunity to work hands-on with cutting-edge consumer technology, including pre-release software and hardware prototypes.
- Infinite training, professional development and personal growth opportunities
- The rare opportunity to impact how organizations communicate globally. There’s a reason we work with 90 of the top 100 brands.
- Smart, engaged co-workers, a culture of innovation and opportunity.
SDL is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran, and disability status. For more information about EEO/AAP legislation please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.