We are looking for talented linguists with excellent knowledge of English and a second foreign language to join our growing team!
The job is an exciting opportunity for those with education in languages and humanities.
The Project manager is responsible for the coordination, creation, translation and quality control of the assigned projects.
The Project manager serves as a liaison between our company, clients and translators, and is responsible for facilitating the workflow with internal and external resources from project start to completion.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Allocating projects for translation to translators.
- Translator communication and troubleshooting.
- Verifying timeliness of project deliveries.
- Creating work orders.
- Creating and maintaining project status.
- Translating or QCing assigned files.
- Administrative duties.
The goal of the Project manager is to be an effective communicator and complete projects on time and within scope while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction.
- Educated to degree level.
- Preference will be given to those with previous experience in translation or subtitling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good typing speed and Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Knowledge of SDL Trados or Memsource.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks under pressure.
- Analytical and structured problem-solving abilities.
- Ambitious and with a desire to learn and progress.
You will be successful in this role if you have the below characteristics:
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication – Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely in English.
- Detail oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Flexible – Ability to adapt and change priorities as circumstances require.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Multi-tasking – Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Organised – Possessing the trait of being organised or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Self-motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Team player.
- Tenacious – Ability to hold steadfast and complete a goal.
- Working under pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
If interested, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the job code: PM-2021/1 in the subject line.