WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU!
We are looking for an experienced vendor manager to join our in-house team in Stuttgart and manage our growing linguist database. We require someone with existing vendor management experience to be responsible for specialised recruitment and coordination of all our vendor activities. Our professional pool of linguists covers translators, technical writers, and editors. The successful candidate will work very closely with our project management and technical writing teams to ensure that all project demands are met and that suppliers are effectively managed.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Active management of our supplier database.
- Recruitment of new specialised vendors to create and expand multilingual and dedicated resource supply databases in line with client needs.
- Setup of an efficient testing system for potential new vendors.
- Testing of potential new vendors.
- Evaluation and tracking of vendor performance.
- Relationship management with existing vendors.
- Compiling monthly reports on vendor recruitment.
- Rate negotiations.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- Translation degree at BA or Master's level (or similar qualification).
- At least 2 years' experience as vendor manager, preferably in the translation industry.
- Fluent English and German required.
- Knowledge of CAT tools (training on specific CAT tools will be provided if necessary).
- Effective communication and good organizational skills.
- Commitment to professional customer service.
- Proficient computer Microsoft Office skills.
- Resourceful and team player.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- We value friendly and respectful interaction with one another and define ourselves by our flat hierarchy and open-door policy.
- We have a supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- You’ll receive ongoing training and support.
- We can offer you an attractive remuneration package including travel costs.
- Flexible working hours mean that you can tailor your work life to suit you.
- We’re a multicultural team and we work with many other cultures across different time zones.
- Our office is located centrally, and we even have a swimming pool around the corner.
- Did we mention that we have great coffee?
Apply for this position
Lexsys is a leading provider of information design (copywriting and technical writing) and translation services focusing on the areas of IT, medical technology, automotive, and engineering consulting. These services are rounded out by our multimedia offerings including transcription and subtitling, authoring and translation of voiceover copy, as well as editing and production of audio recordings.