Ubiqus US is seeking a dynamic and experienced Account Manager for our Translation/Localization department.
The Account Manager should possess strong sales skills within the translation/localization industry and is responsible for the successful management of a large translation client base. You are an experienced localization professional well versed in client relationships and building upon those relationships to gain additional revenue. In fulfilling our mission of helping our customers communicate optimally, you will coach a versified portfolio on all product offerings demonstrating the Ubiqus value proposition. To succeed in this role you will have a thirst for knowledge and the drive for success. You will continue to reach for the brass ring and thrive on the thrill of the sale close
- Understanding the entire project life-cycle and workflow as well as the full range of services the organization offers.
- Working with Production personnel to identify project requirements and scope, and estimating costs and time requirements for successful project completion. This entails creating quotations for clients directly or assisting senior personnel in doing so.
- Collaborating with Information Technology (IT) to interpret and apply translation memory statistics to project estimates.
- Providing clear and complete instructions to all internal resources regarding project requirements; asking and answering internal personnel and client questions; and completing any necessary follow-up.
- Supporting Team Leaders and Business Development and Production personnel in providing seamless customer service.
- Preparation, drafting and follow-up of proposals created in company’s CRM system, which requires estimating word counts and understanding, at a minimum, the basics of languages, the use of translation/cultural adaptation/back translation, typesetting/formatting requirements, localization processes, audio/video production, and interpreting assignments.
- Working in conjunction with other department members, typesetting staff, and/or localization engineers, as needed, in order to produce accurate and correct estimates.
- Entering, modifying and updating contact information in the CRM database as well as assisting in the preparation of marketing campaigns for clients.
- Proofreading sales materials such as RFPs/RFIs, client mailings and presentations.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree AND min of 2 years of related translation/localization experience IS REQUIRED
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Rigorous attention to detail; meticulous and accurate
- Ability to focus and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- A desire to learn with a growth mindset
- Ability to blend into a high-energy work environment. The individual should be a highly motivated achiever with a positive attitude. Excellent communication and computer skills are needed.
Please note those candidates without translation/localization sales experience will not be considered.
What you can expect working at Ubiqus:
Make an Impact: You have an opportunity to influence the profitability and success of the company. Your expertise drives best practices, procedure optimization, and staff growth and development.
A Perfect Fit: Ubiqus is a large enough company for access to technology, tools and career advancement yet small enough to affect change, be a superstar, maximize your skills, and shape our futures.
Development: We believe that growing our people directly results in the growth of our business. We strive to mentor, educate, and promote from within.
A Challenge: “If it were easy everyone could do it.” We challenge our team to defy the status quo.
Accountability: We insist on the highest ethical standards, a culture of collegiality and respect, and aggressive goal setting to achieve excellence.
Diversity and Fun: Every day we forge relationships across our team of diverse individuals. An eclectic mix of linguists, geeks, techies, bookworms, movie buffs, musicians, foodies, athletes, baristas, homebodies, adventurers, travelers, and very good people.
Ability to blend into a high-energy work environment. The individual should be a highly motivated achiever with a positive attitude. Excellent communication and computer skills are needed.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits package consisting of:
- 3 Medical Plans
- 2 Dental Plans
- Pre-tax Transit, Medical FSA and Dependent Care
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Accident Plan
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plan