The Business Development Specialist will be a key part of the company’s strategic growth plan for expanding service lines globally and creating an anchor in the Washington, DC institutional and corporate markets.
RSI-Remote Interpreting / Language Services / Hybrid & Onsite Event Technology
You will be responsible for sales and business development functions, project operational needs, and select higher level marketing & administrative duties to key marketing help the Company increase revenue and achieve growth and business development goals.
- Help refine and implement business development plan and campaigns.
- Identify prospective new clients through multiple channels and methods.
- Create and nurture new client relationships through a variety of successful strategies, including regular outreach efforts to develop sales pipeline, close deals and create return business.
- Analyze complex requests, determine best-fit solutions, create sales presentations, create/negotiate budget quotations & proposals, manage contractual issues for individual projects and/or ongoing services.
- Promote client retention, nurture existing relationships, identify potential new revenue & service lines for existing clients and improve customer satisfaction.
- Track activities, contacts and customer data using the Company’s CRM system and other systems/processes, ensuring all information is up to date; provide regular sales reports.
- Interact with other team members and partners to ensure optimal implementation of account requirements: plan, implement and complete select projects as the single POC.
- Ensure messaging/branding meets Company objective; liaise with marketing staff to ensure that marketing initiatives and actions align with business development plan and objectives.
- Assist CEO with select higher level duties related to the Company’s development to ensure growth and expansion goals are met.
- Results-oriented and client-minded; sales-driven with a focus on increasing revenues and profits
- Native level command of English (an additional language is a plus)
- A. degree in relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Project Manager / Key Account Manager / Sales Manager, preferably in language services, events, hospitality or international/governmental institutions
- Proven track record of bringing new business, working with key clients and increasing revenue
- Good knowledge of the technical aspects of conference interpretation services and current virtual meeting and interpretation platforms
- Capacity to identify the needs of the client, and areas for improvement for services provided
- Comfortable in an international, multilingual or multicultural environment
- Good analytical, business writing and verbal communication skills
- Solid command of computer skills, MS Office and a CRM system (Hubspot is a plus)
- Able to learn new technology quickly
- Proactive attitude, ability to self-motivate, work independently, and work remotely
- Persistent and detail-oriented
- Professional attitude & demeanor
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills: diplomatic and relationship oriented
- Values honesty, integrity, respect and trust
- Remote working from home, greater Washington, DC area preferred
- Meetings with clients both locally and involving travel as needed
- Occasional reporting to local warehouse/office facility, greater Washington DC area
- Full-time, exempt
- Benefits package