ADP II Clearance required as US Citizen
· To read, understand, and compose materials from German, Italian, Korean or Japanese into US English.
· To follow established linguistic rules related to word meanings, sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation.
· To follow ethical procedures and policies that protect the confidentiality of information and assures the quality of the translation.
· To assess quality of medical translations on an ongoing basis and provide continuous feedback to linguistic partners as an essential factor for continuous quality improvement.
· To review translated medical documents or to translate from German, Italian, Korean or Japanese into US English as needed
· Perform Auditing (aka Language Quality Assurance) of translations completed by translation vendors. This involves reviewing samples of translated medical reports for accuracy and completeness with focus on Clinical Quality, completing the LQA template with detailed feedback, identifying error categories, scoring the sample translations, and provding the feedback to the translation vendor.
· As part of the Translations Quality Assurance and Quality Monitoring program, Proofread and Edit select completed translations of medical documents delivered by the translation vendors.
· Monitor translation vendor’s quality performance and trends and collaborate with the Translations Vendor Manager to ensure that the translation vendors meet or exceed quality targets. Work with translation vendor partners to drive root-cause analysis when needed, improvement action plans, and continuous quality improvement. Identify and recommend improvements in process to minimize or remove errors.
· Work with the Quality Management team as needed to assist with investigating potential quality incident reported by the client for the translation deliverables.
· Create and translate glossaries of medical terminology from source language into US English. Work with in-country medical staff to review and finalize translated glossaries. Share translated glossaries with translation vendors and ensure consistent utilization of translated glossary by the translation vendor via the Auditing and Review processes.
· Create Linguistic Style Guides for translation vendor to follow. Ensure compliance with style guide instructions via the Auditing and Reviewing processes.
· Translate medical documents as/when needed.
Required Skills and Knowledge (Brief description of technical knowledge or skills needed to perform the job)
· Native Fluency in both languages to enable translations from one language to another.
· Experience in designated languages of the linguistic rules relating to word meanings, sentence structure, idioms, grammar, and punctuation.
· Expertise in Linguistic Assets; Broad medical vocabulary
· Familiarity with MS Excel, CAT tools, Translation Mgmt System (a plus), OCR (a plus)
Required Competencies (Critical behaviours necessary to successfully perform the job)
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to work under pressure, tight timelines, and shifting priorities
· Ability to work effectively both in a team and independently
· Driven and willingness to learn
Required Work Experience (Brief description of the job-related experience needed to perform the job)
· 5+ years of life sciences translation experience; medical records translation experience desirable.
· 2+ years of Translation Audit / Language Quality Assurance
· Healthcare experience desirable
Required Qualifications (Brief description of the educational background needed to perform the job)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Translations, Linguistics, Language Studies, or related field.
· Certification as a linguist.
· Certification in life sciences translations is a significant plus
Required Languages (Brief description of the language skills needed to perform the job)
· US English and German, Italian, Korean or Japanese
Travel / Rotation Requirements (Brief description of any travel or rotation requirements)
· Less than 10%