Lingo24 is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the development team on our award winning translation platform. Technology underpins everything we do at Lingo24 and is key to our ability to meet customer needs and expectations as we continue to grow.
We believe that a strong, innovative technology platform and service offering is a key differentiator within the translation market, and we focus on using a mix of Automation and AI to scale translation delivery.
The Engineering team at Lingo24 is responsible for the development of our bespoke translation platform used by our customers, translators and employees. This platform is used to deliver global content for some of the world's leading brands including Adidas, Virgin, Global Eagle, WPP, Patagonia, Eventbrite and Schneider Electric.
We have a high performing technology team, and it is the ideal place to work on a modern technology stack built using good practices including automated testing, continuous integration and DevOps.
- Delivery of quality code using agile and test driven development methodologies
- Ability to turn functional and non-functional requirements into well structured software
- Participation in requirements review sessions (“Three Amigos”) with analysts and QA Engineers
- Ability to assess the impact of changes on our systems and infrastructure
- Development of complex database queries, views, triggers and functions
- Conducting code reviews and participating in pair programming sessions
- Provision of technical and support documentation
- Computer Science degree, Software Engineering degree, or evidence of equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years in-depth Java development experience
- Experience working with development tools and frameworks (Maven, Spring, JUnit, Jenkins)
- Experience working with web services (REST, SOAP)
- Experience working with databases, both relational (e.g PostgreSQL) and non-relational (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Nice to Haves
- Hands on experience of Puppet and Docker
- Hands on experience of Kubernetes
- An excellent communicator; disciplined, persistent, organised, proactive and capable of bringing in results without being pushy
- Self-starter; capable of working independently without day-to-day supervision, confident in their own decision making
- Positive and optimistic
- Receptive to feedback; eager to learn and embrace continuous improvement
- Ability to work effectively within a team and as an ambassador for technology within the wider company