This position is a combination between primarily Localization Engineer and Localization Project Manager. You (m/f/d) will be responsible for supporting the project management team with the analysis and preparation of localization kits, as well as coordinating the localization of diverse video game titles from our clients and partners. You will furthermore collaborate with the Linguistic team and support them in all localization processes. This includes assuring the smooth operation of our CAT tools and localization software (especially memoQ, Plunet).
- Analyzing and preparing of various source files and formats for localization project workflows
- Collaborating with teams to implement customized and automated workflows (e.g., scripts) for repetitive and other tasks
- Discovering technical training needs and lead trainings for project managers and linguistic coordinators
- Attending conferences, webinars and demos of different technologies/applications related to localization and internationalization
- Participating in client calls to support project managers and sales representatives
- Managing localization projects from beginning to end
- Creating and controlling localization project budgets, performing cost tracking analysis, ensuring purchase orders are issued in a timely manner
- Supporting the whole team in handling our tools and in technical problems.
- Experience in localization processes and localization engineering
- Knowledge of localization tools: memoQ, Plunet
- Knowledge of regular expressions is critical in this role.
- Knowledge of a scripting language, specifically Python and/or VBA
- Experience interacting with SOAP and REST APIs a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal English skills required
- Self-motivation, and the ability to solve problems and make decisions while acting independently and decisively
- Confident customer relations and excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of standard software, especially MS Office (Excel)
- Familiarity with the principles of internationalization and globalization
- A passion for video games is a big plus
- A chance to gain some great insight into the world of game localization.
- The possibility to work remotely as a solution against Covid-19.
- A huge potential to grow in a thriving startup environment.
- The chance to have your voice heard – if you have an idea, we want to know about it!
- A multicultural and open-minded working environment.
- In an office full of gamers, you can expect a round of games at lunch and after work!