TalkingPoints is an award-winning education technology non-profit organization with the mission to unlock the potential of low-income, underserved families to support their children’s learning by partnering with their children’s schools. COVID-19 remote learning environment has made our mission ever more urgent and important. We’re building a one-of-a-kind product in the market, a multilingual family engagement platform that connects families and teachers using human and artificial intelligence powered, two-way translated messages and personalized supports — eliminating language, time limitations, and know-how as barriers to school/family connection.
Millions of teachers and families are using TalkingPoints in their classrooms and schools and districts across the U.S. TalkingPoints works with key school district partners such as Oakland Unified, Wake County and NYC DOE. We have won awards from NYU, MIT, Google.org, Ashoka, Forbes and are backed by Google.org, AT&T, Carnegie Corporation, Schmidt Futures, Stanford University and NewSchools Venture Fund, to name a few. Most recently we were named an evidence-based learning platform to support by MIT’s J-Pal, and our research partners include University of Chicago and MIT. Learn more.
Diversity: we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it!
This is an opportunity to be part of a mission-driven team to fulfill the promise of a better life for students in underserved communities through erasing language and culture barriers for immigrant families in the US. Our apps use machine and human translation to facilitate communication between Parents and Teachers. We are looking for a Translation Program Coordinator to take on several program activities, such as:
- Building our translator community by recruiting, onboarding, training and communicating with existing and future translators
- Monitoring fulfillment rates and implementing features to encourage translators to maintain high fulfillment rates (e.g., via bonus structure)
- Implementing a quality evaluation system to continuously monitor the output of human- and machine- translated content
- Interacting with 3rd party vendors to coordinate translation evaluations, glossary translation and other linguistic tasks
Who you are
- 2+ years of experience in the Translation/Localization industry on the LSP or client side as a coordinator or project manager
- Experience coordinating individual translators (freelancers), managing payments and quality-related activities, building and cultivating a community of translators/volunteers
- You take initiative to improve the program, propose improvements and are constantly thinking how we can operate better
- Experience collaborating with Product and Engineering teams to automate parts of the program
- Curious about new technologies, such as Machine Learning and Machine Translation
- Interest and experience in educational technology is a plus
- Bilingual/Multilingual is a plus
Overall fit with our org culture - we look for team members who are:
- User and mission-oriented: we are devoted to our mission with empathy towards the communities we serve.
- All-in together: we go above and beyond the job description, working together as a team.
- Agile & action-oriented: we get things done, knowing that our progress is urgent to our communities.
- Always Learning: we are always learning, with a growth mindset, to reach our our full potential.
- Boldly Courageous: we take risks in order to achieve big things.
- Resourceful: We are creative, solution-oriented, and scrappy.
What we offer
- An incredible opportunity to build a mission-driven, rapidly growing startup tech nonprofit
- Competitive salary, full coverage health insurance, benefits, and unlimited vacation
- Flexibility to work remotely
- 401K match
- Fun, smart, dynamic, motivated team focused on working together to transform family engagement to serve the families who need it most
How to apply
Please submit your resume, a brief paragraph describing your interest, and a link to your LinkedIn profile
Our team and values
What we do