Technical Writer, Munich Germany
Job Description Summary
Interested in helping develop high-quality documentation? Enjoy a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment? Come talk to us about an opportunity to deliver content, providing the next generation of enterprise business applications.
Our client, a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance, HR, and planning, is expanding globally.
The ideal candidate is:
- an outstanding writer with hands-on payroll, compensation, or human resource application writing experience.
- a native English speaker who is fluent in German or you are a native German speaker who is fluent in English with experience writing technical documentation in English.
- a writer with a proven ability to create content targeted to professional and technical audiences.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work closely with editorial, development, customer support, product management, services, and various other teams to develop high-quality technical content for a targeted audience.
- Plan, draft, maintain, edit, and publish content for multiple deliverables, including user interface text, error messages, release notes and administrator guide.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, including projects beyond normal scope.
- Build product knowledge.
- Work as an integral part of the product team.
- Prepare content for online delivery.
- Test product functionality while writing documentation to provide comprehensive content.
- Provide regular updates to manager on project status.
- Mentor new writers in limited areas. May assist writers with less experience in aspects of the job.
- Influence product team by educating on our processes and best practices.
- Attend scrums and team meetings.
- Assist the larger team on shared projects with supervision and assistance.
Skills and Experience
- Experience implementing or working with enterprise software preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of DITA and XML authoring tools.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written communication skills with knowledge of practices important to technical writing.
- Ability to quickly gain a good understanding of our style guide, tools, and processes.
- Proactive and able to work independently on multiple projects.
- Thorough analytic skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of technical writing experience or equivalent.
- Functional knowledge or experience in Payroll, Accounting, or Compensation highly desirable.
For more information contact Jeanne firstname.lastname@example.org
If this isn't what you're looking for maybe you could refer a colleague? We offer a referral bonus if your colleague is hired.