Dotsub is a leading platform for video localization that specializes in subtitle translation and video captions in over 50 languages. We have also developed our very own Video Translation Management Software (VideoTMS™), where you can manage the entire workflow of your audiovisual translation projects.
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful completion of our audiovisual translation/captioning projects. You will ensure all projects are correctly assigned to our linguists and completed in a timely manner, starting with resource planning, going through a daily progress monitoring, and ending with getting the final deliverable ready. You will provide support to our linguists during the life-cycle of a project, and present project updates to relevant clients and project team members.
- Learning the Dotsub Video Language Management System (VLMS) and the new Video TMS (VideoTMS).
- Implementation and supervision of projects from start to finish in our platforms.
- Assigning and trafficking translations in over 50 languages.
- Fielding and answering production and linguist questions from language resources.
- Meeting client deadlines.
- Vendor selection and assignments (including captioners and linguistic resources).
- Communicating directly with clients.
- Checking and proofreading captions and subtitles as needed.
- Educating the client as needed on Dotsub technologies.
- Learning all day-to-day operations activities.
- Handling the company’s virtual switchboard phone lines under work hours.
- Assisting in product demos as needed.
- Attending client phone calls as needed.
- Providing information for the invoicing of projects that have been completed.
- Assisting with payment processing for freelance talents.
- Availability to work on either of the shifts mentioned below.
- +2 years of experience in the localization industry.
- +1 year experience in a Project Manager role.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Comfortable working remotely full-time.
- High adaptability to rapidly changing needs and a fast-paced environment.
- Strong business acumen in project planning and management.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Educational or working experience with translation is a plus.
We have openings for different shifts:
7 am - 3.30 pm CET
1 pm - 9.30 pm EST
Both are fully remote.