RWS Holdings plc is the world’s leading provider of technology-enabled language, content management and intellectual property services. We help our customers to connect with and bring new ideas to people globally by communicating business critical content at scale and enabling the protection and realization of their innovations.
Our vision is to help organizations interact effectively with people anywhere in the world by solving their language, content and market access challenges through our collective global intelligence, deep expertise and smart technology.
Customers include 90 of the globe’s top 100 brands, the top 10 pharmaceutical companies and 18 of the top 20 patent filers worldwide. Our client base spans Europe, Asia Pacific, and North and South America across the technology, pharmaceutical, medical, legal, chemical, automotive, government and telecommunications sectors, which we serve from offices across five continents.
Founded in 1958, RWS is headquartered in the UK and publicly listed on AIM, the London Stock Exchange regulated market (RWS.L).
For further information, please visit: www.rws.com
RWS Regulated Industries division: provides a full suite of language services exclusively for highly regulated industries such as Life Sciences, Healthcare, Financial services, and Legal industries. This includes language solutions for clinical trial management and linguistic validation of Clinical Outcomes Assessments (COAs), insurance, retail, commercial and investment banking, compliance, mergers & acquisitions and Litigation
About The Role:
Under the supervision of the LV Project Planning Manager, to provide company customers/clients with accurate and timely cost estimates (quotes) and process jobs submitted for LV translation projects based upon customer needs and company/translator production capabilities, and to ensure that client project requests are placed with, processed by, and received back from translators in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner to enable on-time delivery to client.
Generally selects vendors from approved listing when placing job orders; limited judgment/discretion may apply. Work assignments may generally be less complex and increase in complexity over time. May resolve client/vendor issues with assistance as needed from supervisor.
- Understands and adheres to company Quality Management System (QMS) requirements including but not limited to ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 standards.
- Communicates with company customers/clients to obtain specifications and other information to provide accurate and timely quotes, to ensure their needs are met and issues are resolved, to describe company products and services, and to maintain and expand customer base.
- Researches prior translation projects, questionnaires, etc. to determine whether incoming project is the same or similar, avoid duplication, and provide archive discount. Set up document comparison as needed.
- Prepares basic and intermediate level LV quotations and processes basic and intermediate level LV jobs in accordance with client specifications through word counts, estimating necessary formatting and translator time, etc., and sets up on spreadsheet according to standard procedures.
- Provides follow through consultation with clients on changes to projects, priorities, etc.
- Coordinates with colleagues in other departments as directed to ensure cost and time estimates are accurate and within company capabilities based upon available resources, and that orders are processed according to client requests.
- Composes or generates a variety of materials (e.g. order summaries) for the purpose of documenting activities, and providing written reference and/or conveying information regarding the status of client requests.
- Maintains up-to-date information in charts, spreadsheets, logs, and company database(s) as needed to ensure ongoing logs needed for future reference and retrieval.
- Engages in ongoing training.
- Coordinates with the Finance Department to ensure proper processing of invoices and payments for projects.
- Places standard and rush client projects with appropriate qualified translators and debriefers (i.e., assign) based upon availability, language, expertise, deadlines and other relevant considerations to ensure work is completed and returned in a timely manner to permit due dates to be met.
- Ensures that translators have proper instructions regarding what and how project must be completed (e.g., translations, cognitive debriefing, edits, proofreading).
- Demonstrates knowledge of the capabilities of the freelance vendor base. Uses this knowledge to place projects with vendors who are capable of producing high quality work delivered on time.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively convey instructions to freelance translation staff, as well as ability to handle unpredictable situations with assistance.
- Coordinates the assigning and completion of client projects among pool of translators and debriefers for specific languages.
- Negotiates prices and turnaround time and issues purchase orders to translators and debriefers.
- Transfer project files within company electronic filing system to move them and facilitate processing.
- Sets up project file folders (specification sheet, purchase order, etc.), and make available to Desktop Publishing in a timely manner.
- With assistance, enforces company policies and procedures with linguists when necessary.
- With assistance, conducts special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of all company LV project management, desktop publishing, and project planning procedures.
- Knowledge of English grammar, syntax, and word usage, and excellent proofreading skills.
- Organizational, prioritizing and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively, demonstrating a clear understanding of project requirements and linguistic validation procedures.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, Adobe Acrobat, CAT Tools, Office 365/Skype).
- Ability to prioritize and problem-solve job-related issues.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work; teamwork and consensus-building skills.
- Customer service skills including ability to communicate clearly with clients.
- Ability to quote and process projects.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form with attention to detail.
Life at RWS - We work hard together to deliver for our customers; our expertise, professionalism and determination to never let others down drives us to be passionate and serious about what we do, deliver customer value, yet always adding a human touch
As a company focused on connecting people through language, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our company culture. RWS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we are committed in ensuring that all employees work in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination and one that actively promotes teamwork, diversity and trust. All employees have a right to be treated with respect and dignity. RWS operate in a manner for the inclusion of all - any form of discrimination is expressly prohibited. Employees are selected and promoted on merit alone and no other factors whether race, gender, age, religion, marital status, gender identity or disability are taken into consideration.
We are proud to work in a company where all can succeed and grow their career and while RWS operates in accordance with all local employment laws, if local law enables any form of discrimination this is against RWS company policy and we will adhere to the highest standard.
Recruitment Agencies: RWS Group PLC does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes to any RWS employees. Any unsolicited resume received will be treated as the property of RWS and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such resume will be considered null and void