RWS Holdings plc is the world’s leading provider of technology-enabled language, content management and intellectual property services. We help our customers to connect with and bring new ideas to people globally by communicating business critical content at scale and enabling the protection and realization of their innovations.
Our vision is to help organizations interact effectively with people anywhere in the world by solving their language, content and market access challenges through our collective global intelligence, deep expertise and smart technology.
Customers include 90 of the globe’s top 100 brands, the top 10 pharmaceutical companies and 18 of the top 20 patent filers worldwide. Our client base spans Europe, Asia Pacific, and North and South America across the technology, pharmaceutical, medical, legal, chemical, automotive, government and telecommunications sectors, which we serve from offices across five continents.
Founded in 1958, RWS is headquartered in the UK and publicly listed on AIM, the London Stock Exchange regulated market (RWS.L).
For further information, please visit: www.rws.com
RWS Language & Content Technology division: offering the latest innovations in language and content management technology to help enterprises engage with global audiences – across any device. Our language technology enables enterprises to automate and manage the entire content lifecycle. And our web content and structured content management technology supports the creation, translation and delivery of global content at scale – in ways that are efficient, secure and compliant. The combination of our language and content technology – enhanced with state-of-the art Machine Learning – offers the capability to manage the ‘end-to-end’ translation supply chain.
About the Role:
Under the direct supervision of a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager, the Project Manager is a key member of a project team, working closely with the team leader, Technical Services and Quality Assurance. The Project Manager is responsible for successful execution of quotes and projects of varying complexity and scope and managing the work of multiple client accounts to ensure client satisfaction, establish consistent high-quality on-time deliverables as well as identify and grow the account’s potential based on predefined objectives. The Project Manager will approve and update client quotes and the project process as needed as well as address issues escalated from others.
The Project Manager serves as primary client contact for assigned accounts and supports Senior Project Manager as needed. The Project Manager meets with the various teams to discuss open and emerging business issues for assigned accounts as well as to make recommendations for improvements. The role may lead implementation of new initiatives and complete special projects as needed.
The Project Manager may have team management responsibilities and direct reports. The position may complete individual performance reviews and identify goals for the team.
- Client Service
- Manage client requirements, needs and requests such as asset management, reporting and meetings.
- Serve as a primary point of contact to client. Act as backup to Senior Project Manager as needed.
- Lead presentations educating clients about particular projects, project types or about the Life Sciences Division of RWS in general.
- Manage client assets.
- Lead the client post-mortem process.
- Manage client relationships and provide regular status reports on projects.
- Maintain positive client perceptions.
- Address complex client queries and concerns. Escalate to immediate supervisor client issues related to highly complex issues or items which may impact client account.
- Ensure client satisfaction by proactively seeking and offering solutions.
- Respond to client requests in a timely manner.
- Identify, communicate, and manage production risks as appropriate to eliminate potential pitfalls or obstacles.
- Engage in quotation preparation including complex and strategic requests.
- Ensure ISO requirements are being met.
- Launch and coordinate standard and complex projects which includes functions such as negotiating budgets, scheduling, resource allocation and work assignments.
- Perform administrative duties which include project closures, Translation Memory updates and folder structure maintenance.
- Produce reports and develop internal post-mortems to help improve processes and reduce risk.
- Ensure strict adherence to deadlines, budgets and the completion of high-quality deliverables.
- Ensure the receipt of all purchase orders, approve invoices and escalate payment issues where necessary.
- Review Profit & Loss schedule for projects. Provide rationale and suggest corrective action for items not meeting budget.
- Lead the creation of custom workflows and project instructions.
- Collaborate in the CAPA process with cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with the Vendor Relations team to negotiate competitive rates.
- Create and send POs to external resources.
- Ensure project resources have the necessary tools and information to accomplish tasks.
- Alert resources of schedule or scope changes.
- Provide feedback to Vendor Relations on external resource performance.
- Support Global Account team to improve overall budget, efficiency and quality.
- Gather information to forecast upcoming work on various accounts and alert the team as necessary.
- Assist with account-related meetings and presentations.
- Support execution of approved account opportunities and their implementation.
- Support team members as necessary to perform and complete daily project tasks.
- Make recommendations for process improvements to have a positive impact on profitability and/or quality.
- Mentor staff.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources team to hire new team members where necessary.
- Set specific and measurable goals for direct reports and ensure their measurement and review.
- Conduct regular performance reviews with direct reports and manage required follow-up.
- Ensure balanced work distribution across direct reports.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in Business, English, Foreign Language, Social or Applied Sciences, or other related field.
- Three to five years of hands-on experience coordinating projects within the localization or translation industry.
- Successful customer service/account management experience, generally a minimum of two years.
- Computing skills, including experience with TRADOS or other translation management tools (CAT, or Computer Aided Translation tools) and publishing applications (e.g., FrameMaker, InDesign, etc.).
- Demonstrated successful leadership or mentoring experience preferred.
- Verbal and written fluency in at least one foreign language a plus.
- PMP Certification a plus.
- Ability to provide leadership for employees and provide clear direction, goals and objectives in a respectful manner.
- Ability to communicate with, train and lead employees through changes in procedures, client’s requirements, and other production processing issues.
- Ability to make decisions and lead employees through problems on job-related issues.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate competing work demands and maintain composure under pressure.
- Fluent communication skills of written and verbal English
- Ability to report work orally and in writing as required.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, CAT Tools, Office 365/Skype, CRM/AURORA/other production software).
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in relation to performance of work responsibilities, working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to resolve customer service and production issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Quality focus and detail oriented
Life at RWS - We work hard together to deliver for our customers; our expertise, professionalism and determination to never let others down drives us to be passionate and serious about what we do, deliver customer value, yet always adding a human touch
As a company focused on connecting people through language, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our company culture. RWS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we are committed in ensuring that all employees work in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination and one that actively promotes teamwork, diversity and trust. All employees have a right to be treated with respect and dignity. RWS operate in a manner for the inclusion of all - any form of discrimination is expressly prohibited. Employees are selected and promoted on merit alone and no other factors whether race, gender, age, religion, marital status, gender identity or disability are taken into consideration.
We are proud to work in a company where all can succeed and grow their career and while RWS operates in accordance with all local employment laws, if local law enables any form of discrimination this is against RWS company policy and we will adhere to the highest standard.
RWS is an Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran, and disability status. For more information about EEO/AAP legislation please visit: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Recruitment Agencies: RWS Group PLC does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes to any RWS employees. Any unsolicited resume received will be treated as the property of RWS and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such resume will be considered null and void.