The Director, Product Management is responsible for leadership and oversight of CyraCom's portfolio of product development initiatives. Leadership responsibility spans all phases of product development from concept through commercialization. Work collaboratively with an agile software development and business teams, and support senior leadership with the necessary due diligence and analysis to evaluate, approve, and prioritize product development initiatives. Develops and implements product management framework and processes. Owns the product from concept to final delivery - answer questions, flag for escalation/decisions, and negotiate obstacles during development and implementation.
As a Director, Product Management, you will:
- Lead product management activities including planning, tracking, reporting, risk assessment and mitigation, and lessons-learned
- Serve as a thought partner to senior leadership and technical leads on product design and strategy
- Prepare, maintain, and evangelize the product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short and long-term releases.
- Create feature descriptions that provide guidance to the development teams and approve the product-related business requirements.
- Be responsible for generating user stories, condition of success, product launch and release plans. Coordinates product launches.
- Act as liaison between Software Development, IT, Business, and Executive teams to support product initiatives and backlog.
- Act as product expert and work with Business teams, Executives, and Clients to develop strategic product related priorities based on market demand.
- Collaborate with third party technology vendors on strategic product integration activities
- Work with the Business teams to develop product training plan internally and externally.
- Consult with Account Management and Sales teams to ensure appropriate service levels for the product line.
- Applies expert knowledge of product management to ensure efforts meet defined objectives, follow a structured timeline and are delivered on time and within budget, including dashboard monitoring, metrics synthesis and quality assurance methods.
- Cultivate a high-performing organization which fosters teamwork and collaboration; lead by example through authentic communication and a solution-oriented approach
- Act as a product champion within the company.
As a Director, Product Management, you are:
- Collaborative you understand the whole is greater than its parts.
- Positive you believe in the infectious power of positive thinking and display this in your everyday work.
- Passionate you love what you do and cant wait to apply your skills to help people communicate.
- Continually Learning you have an insatiable appetite to constantly improve yourself.
- Technically Savvy you understand technical concepts and practices and create solutions that scale.
- Self-Motivated you are your harshest critic and biggest supporter.
- Goal oriented you understand how your work fits in the big picture and follow through to make your goals a reality.
- A Team Player you understand the basics tenants of being a great teammate including proper time management, communication and attendance.
As a Director, Product Management, you must have:
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or directly related field.
- 5+ years of progressive experience as software/technology product manager at an executive level.
- Strong Experience in Agile Methodology - breaking specs to epics & user stories, Sprint Planning, Scrum meetings, product reviews and retrospectives.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, facilitation, and multi-tasking.
- The ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and leverage subject matter experts to craft creative solutions that move the needle on key business initiatives.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills, able to work under deadlines in a changing environment, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Proven leadership skills, ability to prioritize, communicate clearly, a consistent track record of delivery, and an obsession about the customer experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work up, down and across organizational levels.
- Strong business acumen, operations and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to assess current practices, identify opportunities for improvement, build consensus and drive the implementation of related changes.
- Excellent executive presence and a track record of success working closely with the C-Suite.
- Willingness to travel approximately 20%
Ideally, you will also have:
- An understanding of Web and Mobile technologies, Micro services architecture, Containers, Web APIs, Open Source platform.
What else you can expect:
Requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
Extensive use of a computer and repetitive hand movements in the performance of duties.
Occasional lifting and carrying of material weighing up to twenty pounds may be required
Equipment Operated: Personal computer, printers, fax, copier and telephone
Environmental Factors: None
Where Would You Work?
This position will be located at one of our CyraCom offices or remote from a home office in the United States. No relocation is available for this position.
Duties not listed in this position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of management. The (position title) may delegate all or any of his/her duties to qualified personnel; however, such delegation does not relieve him/her of overall responsibility and accountability for the successful conduct of those duties.