Alboum is the only translation services agency specifically for nonprofits and mission-driven organizations. Our team provides the foundation for our reputation of excellent customer service and quality at affordable prices. We value the contributions of each of our team members are proud of our collaborative, team-oriented approach.
Our team of language service professionals is as dedicated, experienced and enthusiastic about their craft as our nonprofit clients are about their causes.
Every person on the Alboum team plays an essential role in our ability to deliver on our brand promise.
The Vendor Manager is focused on ensuring we have a large, highly capable team of linguists that shares our commitment to quality and client service. The Vendor Manager acts as Alboum’s liaison to all of our linguists -- from recruiting to managing relationships, and problem solving any issues over time. Alboum prides itself on giving our team the resources they need to do their jobs and do them well.
Primary tasks include:
- Collaborate with the translation and interpretation teams to identify where additional resources are needed
- Recruit new linguists through online platforms, following up on referrals, and attending online recruiting events
- Screen and evaluate candidates, negotiate and agree on rates, check candidate references
- Interface with the Alboum accounting and technology managers to onboard new linguists and maintain resource details in our project management and payroll platforms
- Refine and implement translation testing process
- Serve as a primary point of contact for linguists and liaise between account managers and linguists to resolve any concerns
- Develop and document processes to increase efficiencies in the recruiting and onboarding process
Requirements for Position:
- 2+ years in the translation industry as a project manager, vendor manager, or similar position
- Sound knowledge of schools and organizations providing translation and interpretation training, certification, and listings
- Experience with negotiations and pricing
- Excellent written and spoken English, ability to simply and clearly explain company processes and policies
- Reliable, committed to quality, and keen attention to detail
- Friendly, patient, and customer-oriented personality
- Strong problem solver
- Process-oriented and organized
- Able to work independently, multitask, and prioritize work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and G Suite
The Vendor Manager is a remote position and a successful candidate can be located anywhere in the world so long as the individual is available from 10 - 2 EST each business day.