Oct 12, 2021
Anzu Global, LLC
Localization Testing & QA
Our Client is looking for a self-motivated professional to join the Product Localization team. The person in this role will be a primary contributor to the successful completion of product translations. You will join a fast-paced, highly collaborative team who live and work in multiple countries.
As a Localization QA Engineer, you will assess the localization readiness of applications as well as design, implement and execute both automated and manual test plans to help improve the efficiency of our translators' linguistic review processes.
You will also assist the Product Translations team by liaising with Application Product Management and Tools Development teams, researching and answering questions logged by translators and tracking project milestones.
- Review and understand product specifications and feature requirements
- Identify and create test plans and test strategies to ensure that translators can access and verify their translations in context during linguistic review
- Contribute to test automation efforts
- Assist in maintaining the translation team’s test methodology and test data setup
- Provide concise and accurate documentation of software defects and issues via bug-tracking software (JIRA) to product management, and application and tools engineering teams
- Support translators on use of translation tools
- Identify organizational and test data needed to support new functionality and new languages
- Acquire and maintain technical knowledge as well as product knowledge to offer support to translators
- Work with the technical translations team to identify issues with and enhancements to the translation tools
- Learn, if not already known, various translation tools
- Interact effectively with all stakeholders, including peers, translators, developers, product managers, and application QA team members
- Help pinpoint potential improvements to processes, or other aspects of our localization
Skills and Experience
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the localization industry
- A degree in Translations or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Functional knowledge of Human Capital Management (HCM) business applications a big plus.
- Experience scripting test automation.
- Flexibility to respond and react to changing priorities quickly and efficiently.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Understanding of quality assurance methods and testing principles
- Experienced with software testing environments for web-based products and mobile applications
- Fluency in English and one other language
- A collaborative and enthusiastic personality
- Attitude and aptitude to be successful in a growing and rapidly changing company with new products and functionality continually emerging.
- Computer Software
- Human Resources
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
For more information contact Jeanne email@example.com
If this isn’t what you’re looking for maybe you could refer a colleague? We offer a referral bonus if your colleague is hired.