Cincinnati preferred. Remote US possible. This position directs and oversees all staff, vendors, technology, and processes related to the delivery of translation projects to our customers. We focus on a client-first mindset, fit-for-purpose quality, on-time deliveries, client satisfaction, and profitable operations. This individual is in charge of deploying planning for all translation operations, ensuring that customer satisfaction, retention, sales growth, and P&L consistently meet and exceed plan.
- Provides input to the CEO, President and fellow Leadership Team members in the preparation of all strategic planning and budgeting initiatives
- Translates strategic plans into operating plans and directs the implementation and execution of them throughout respective area of responsibility
- Optimizes organizational design and technology stack for current and future volumes
- Works with sales and account management to optimize pricing models
- Hires and manages high-performing team within agreed budget
- Creates, implements, measures and holds staff accountable for achievement of all Key Performance Indicators and Metrics related to translation services
- Conducts regular performance reviews and ongoing coaching to ensure the success of each direct report
- Ensures ongoing communications with staff are taking place to maintain maximum employee involvement with and awareness about all company activities and initiatives
- Coordinates the distribution of work to staff
- Works collaboratively with the Vendor Manager to continuously evaluate the quality and productivity of the vendors chosen to support all project management initiatives
- Leads team with integrity and maintains a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
- Upholds organization policies and standards, ensuring that all customer contractual requirements such as specific government contracts, regulations and certifications are being met on a daily basis
- Oversees the resolution of client complaints, with a focus on systematized process improvement
- Monitors Key Account satisfaction
- Collaborates with Sales Department to grow accounts
- Oversees the documentation of all translation processes to ensure that consistent, efficient workflows are in place, yielding optimal productivity and performance
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and develops plans to address them
- Evaluates the usage of translation technologies and implements new best practices
- Owns the partnerships with third-party service organizations that provide specialized
services to the company, such as Translation Management softwares and tools, and after-hours support
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all technology-related innovations taking place within the industry; evaluates and makes recommendations for implementation at Affordable Language Services
- Keeps leadership aware of market knowledge and intelligence
Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- At least 5 years of experience at the Manager / Director level with department level accountability
- Minimum of 3 years supervising a team of Project Managers of all skill levels
- Proven planning, budgeting, and implementation skills
- Demonstrable presentation and influencing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including upward reporting skills and proactive communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills — troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root cause and provide solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, high pressure environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud (In Design and Illustrator)
- Knowledge of Plunet Business Manager and memoQ preferred
- Knowledge of MT platforms including MS Translator
- Compelled by Affordable Language Service’s Mission and Core Values*
Education & Experience
- Must be capable of working with others in the typical conditions of an office environment or operating remotely from a home office setting.
About Affordable Language Services
Founded in 2000, Affordable Language Services is an international leader in innovative solutions aimed at overcoming communication barriers, devoted to the weight of words and the power they have to better our world. From enhancing safety to protecting brands. Our extended team of nearly 200 associates around the globe provides unmatched quality and service as a total resource solution for our customers language needs including Interpreting, Translation and Localization, and Consulting. Industries served include Healthcare, Manufacturing, Professional Services and Government.
*Affordable Language Services is dedicated to building partnerships, connecting the right people, and making a difference. Long-term client partnerships, excellent service combined with skilled Interpreters and Linguists are critical to achieving the Mission of our organization:
Improving lives and serving others through effective communication.
Our core values reflect our approach to service and underscore important aspects of our business approach.
- Care Deeply
- Demonstrate Integrity
- Take Initiative
Affordable Language Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Affordable Language Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Affordable Language Services expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with Affordable Language Services employees' ability to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.